1. Call the online company before you make a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on your own items and when there are free shipping options available to you.
4. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.