1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. When shopping online, be certain the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the truth, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.