1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Call the online company before you make a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.