1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you go for the first sale you see, you will find a chance you may miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
4. Be wary for any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.