1. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to your price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
5. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.