1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as being a seller.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
5. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.