1. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for that safest conditions.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a whole new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
5. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.