1. Do more research around the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with an excellent reputation.
2. Be wary of any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so that you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.