1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. If you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
4. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, and so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
5. When you shop online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.