1. Talk to your friends about their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This can save you a lot of time as well as.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. In case a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their goods and would use a promotion code.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.