1. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.