1. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with some searching, you can save as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
2. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
3. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and also you must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use all this information to choose if these costs and options fit well for you personally, your budget, along with your area prior to placing an order.