1. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
3. Whenever you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
4. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to find out if other customers experienced a good experience with them. It is also a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.