1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. When you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. When a company features a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
4. Always remember your budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual world of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose one that will save you as much as possible.