1. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Look for online coupons when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This really is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
3. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, therefore the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.