1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get yourself a discount in the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
4. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.