1. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!
2. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.