1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When you are searching for a location to buy a specific thing and none of the results are most often from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your cash.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.
4. Before you start your web shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.