1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You may be able to find out the standard of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
4. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you ought to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
5. To protect yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.