1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Call the internet company prior to making a purchase. In case you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that one could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your bank card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.