1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
2. Call the online company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your bank card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer care is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. While shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.