1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. Talk to your friends about their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This can save you a lot of time as well as.
4. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.