1. Speak to your friends regarding their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
2. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Although it may seem tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
5. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.