1. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as being a seller.
2. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.