1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you must protect your information at all cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
4. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. In case a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their goods and would use a promotion code.