1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and exactly how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.