1. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
4. Be mindful where you submit your bank card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
5. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the truth, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.