1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
3. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you the most money.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.