1. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
2. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special deals and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
3. Be careful where you submit your charge card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When shopping for a certain item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.