1. If you're worried about whether a shopping website is legitimate or not, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to discover other people's experiences with different sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
2. Once you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
4. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are deciding on a site to look from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your bank card information, look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a good page when you're adding your credit card information.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.