1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's visiting you fairly!