1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Be wary of any emails you get, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.