1. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
3. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!
4. When shopping for a particular item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with some searching, you can save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.