1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. Internet shopping is a terrific way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save much more money.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
4. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you may miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.