1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.
3. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as a seller.