1. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. When you shop online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
3. If you are going to become doing some online shopping, make sure you comprehend the liability for each and every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on the card when the number is stolen.
4. In case you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.