1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
3. If you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to repair any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
4. Always remember your budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.