1. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and you also must protect your information in any way cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. If you like a web-based store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
4. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
5. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.