1. In case you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
2. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money with a company that fails to offer.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you opt for the first sale you see, there is a chance you will miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.