1. When you shop online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking into the site that you are considering buying from. You can find information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you obtaining the products you did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider applying for a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation being a seller.