1. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, ensure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
4. When a company has a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a discount code.
5. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can easily be impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the key site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.