1. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
3. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.