1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
2. When you shop online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.