1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
2. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
3. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings to suit your needs as you may obtain a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.