1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you frequently shop online, make certain your antimalware is always high quality and up to date. Major shopping sites are usually targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who attempt to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software gives you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
3. When you shop online, it is critical that you spend a little time considering the site that you are considering buying from. You will find information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you having the products you probably did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.
4. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.