1. If you are going to become doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your own card when the number is stolen.
2. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
3. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.