1. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your bank card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
3. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
5. Be cautious where you submit your charge card information. When you find yourself shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.