1. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, start working on a different site to be around the safe side.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save a lot more money.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.