1. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
2. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.