1. Although it may look tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
4. If you are intending to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one which you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.