1. Call the web company before you make a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your bank card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.